The questions you need to ask your insurer
Here are the right questions to ask your insurer and get the answers in writing or in the terms and conditions (what you usually call the treacherous fine prints).
For a few hundred dollars per year, you can have peace-of-mind pursuing your professional endeavours in Asia, knowing that unexpected big medical costs will be paid for.
Picking an insurance plan for expats in AsiaWe gathered information and hints for choosing medical insurance to advise expat to find the best expat insurance policy for their situation.
Security:Will the insurer let you down when you reach $100,000+ per year? Why not?
- Is the insurer regulated by insurance laws? Some insurers are pure fakes!
- Is the regulatory body independent from the insurer?
- What can be the sanction? Suspension of the business license or just a fine?
- Is the insurance regulator a trustworthy country where insurers are reputable?
- Is the country of regulation protective of consumers?
Benefits Performance:Are you getting value for money?
- Are the limits of cover enough year-after-year for serious chronic illness?
- What are you paying too low or too high to secure those benefits?
- Will you get what you pay for? Screen the exclusions?
- Are there waiting periods? 1 month? 1 year? More for standard illness.
- Are you guaranteed renewal under the same terms?
- Is your plan portable if you relocate? Or the cover is void?
- Can you renew after age 60?
Costs:… Over The Years?
- How is the premium increasing after 5 years, 10 years?
- How “friendly” is the premium to suit your needs over time when you need maternity, newborn cover, chronic conditions, older age?
- Is the pricing a ‘bait’ or designed for low-cost treatment, one-off accidental?
Flexibility:Can you customize your health plan to varying circumstances and budgets?
- Can you get a mix of plan levels within a family?
- Various areas of treatment?
- Choose various deductibles?
- Frequency of payment M-Q-Yearly?
Administration:How quickly do they pay the hospital directly?
- Is the insurer responsive? Do they use a specialist evacuation provider 24/7/365?
- Will the insurer cash advance regardless of your country of treatment?
- Can you e-claiming by uploading pictures?
- Are they connected directly to a network of hospitals for cashless claims?
- Do they use an app to serve you continuously?
Trusted insurance plan in Asia:
– Health Insurance: Lots of benefits, convenient and tailored solutions to suit your needs.
– Travel Insurance: Simple and flexible trip insurance for international travel.