Is a Covid19 travel and health insurance mandatory? Get the approved ones
Travel Visitors for work Expatriation or Tourism, will need a travel insurance to cover the costs of Covid19 with a mimum limit of $25K, 50, 80 or $100,000. In effect, it is a medical insurance that is requested because a Covid19 ICU hospitalization is a minimum of 20 days including the recovery time and the 2 PCR negative tests.
- Vietnam Travel pass by Luma Health Thailand
- Thailand Travel pass by Luma Health Vietnam
- ASEAN Travel pass by Luma if you travel in multiple ASEAN countries
- Rest-of-the-World travel pass by ACS Globe partners
- For Expatriates visiting their home countries read on
For longer than 30-day insurance, business or resident, working visa the immigration may want you to show your health insurance valid for the duration of your visa application. In such case, it is a private medical insurance they want to see. he main difference between the travel and health insurance when you purchase the latter, the insurer will pay the treatment costs to keep you healthy where you reside. In the case of a travel insurer, the contract stipulates they can interrupt your trip and fly you back if your health is not suitable to continue your holiday or business trip… a far lesser liability.
What is the Entry procedure to your Destination country
So you have decided to travel! Then for most countries it will look like:
1- Book a tour = Covid Quarantine stay or Not
2- Health or Travel insurance = Mandatory or Not
3- Need a Visa = Mandatory or Not
4- Passport valid 6-month after return
5- Vaccination 2 or 3 doses
6- PCR test 72-hr = that can be checked via local app or IATA travel pass app
To cross the border and sometimes to cross provinces inside the country.
Update your daily information on travel to Asia – Vietnam – Thailand
With vaccinations and the much needed re-opening for business Asia countries are greeting back visitors for tourism and new Expatriate to restart international Import Export relationships. The new normal is prepare your trip for Entering / staying / Leaving back to your home country. Below are the resources to check the latest information; on top of this you should know the updates may be weekly without notice:
- Covid19 requirements by country by WTO-IATA including mandatory travel health insurance
- Rogue insurers who DO NOT INSURE COVID19 CLAIMS check their brochure
- Main country risks checklist and travel advice by you own foreign affairs
- Excluded countries by the Insurer or your government for whatever risk reasons
Are you an Expatriate relocating to Vietnam / ASEAN to work?
Your company is applying for a work permit and a business work visa or a TRC temporary resident card for 1-year to 3-years usually. Then your international health insurance is enough. Get a Covid19 certificate of insurance mentioning the minimum limit required by the Authority of your new host country.
If your expatriate medical insurance is only valid locally and you need a Covid19 compliant travel/health insurance certificate to show the immigration ACS globe traveller will do the job.
- The insurance may need to match the duration of your visa, check with the visa agent
- It is probably time to purchase the private medical insurance that will be suitable for your family and your lifestyle
- whether it is part of your work package to enrol you in the company group plan or purchase by yourself, your chosen insurer will have to provide you with a certificate covering any Covid19 treatment costs to the set governmental limit check the section Air Travel of the UN-WTO-IATA Covid19 update tracker
- If you need to find a health insurance in your new country of residency, whether by yourself or with the help of a professional insurance advisor here are some guidelines to choose the best suitable insurance for your personal needs
- All is new: healthcare system, doctors availability, medical local practices, varying costs between local and expats, evcauation to better hospitals, lack of whatever exists as a standard in western country…
- Covid19 2-year period has revealed a lot of those must-have were missed-have
Gathering knowledge from established colleagues, friends or even visiting some clinics will give you valuable information to decide. You can also consult an established Independent insurance advisor (generally free) to enquire for a comparative quote for a reliable and client oriented Covid Health insurance for Foreign residents.
Enjoy your post Covid new freedom to travel.
Read more on Vietnam Update Asia Expatriate and travellers protection: BLOG.
For more specific questions: Contact Us.